We have set Goals and selected strategic Operational Choices that will help to meet those goals, while keeping everything as simple as possible.
GOALS of the EOX for Member Benefits
1. To create a platform that supports those who need or desire to be able to safely and affordably obtain 100% pure therapeutic-grade essential oils.
2. To make Member fees reasonable enough that all Members can derive benefit, since some Members will buy more product than others, while at the same time acknowledging that the membership fee must be sufficient to cover exchange operations and monthly overhead expenses.
3. To cover the continual expense of purity testing for each batch of essential oils received from distillers, and to make the GCMS and Certificates of Analysis available only to exchange Members, along with MSDS sheets which will be available to all customers.
4. To have an accredited staff aromatherapist to answer questions for Members about the proper use and application of essential oils.
5. To provide an online Member Directory listing for any Member that wishes to have their essential oil-related business (natural products, beauty products, day spas, health products) or practice (massage therapist, naturopath, acupuncturist, alternative modalities, etc.) listed online. Listings will be maintained as long as Member status continues.
6. To create a Forum for Members to interact and network, if there are enough Members that want that benefit.
These are some of the stated, envisioned, official goals of the EOX, some of which will require time and continual progress towards them until they are attained.
These are the initial strategic choices that we have made in order to keep operating costs, and thus material prices, as low as possible so that we can achieve our marketplace goals for all Members.
1. To be completely internet-based. To eliminate higher personnel costs for the EOX, all transactions and communications will be done through the internet.
Customers have been asking for this feature so recently we have added a phone line. We will answer phone calls for any customer that needs help accessing their accounts or needs technical support for using the web site or for any questions EOX members might have.
2. All payments will be made via credit or debit card, prepaid cards, and through PayPal until we have a strategic reason to do otherwise.
Through PayPal, anyone can pay with their credit card even if they don’t have a PayPal account, and through their checking account if they do. The overall fees are significantly less allowing more savings to be passed on to Members by avoiding the following:
- No Monthly Processing Gateway Fees
- No Incremental Multi-tier Assessment Fees
- No Monthly Merchant Account Statement Fees
- No SSL Certificate Fees
(We do not store personal payment data at all)
3. We will utilize our discounts on shipping and only charge actual real-time shipping costs at cost.
4. We will use only Open-Source platforms such as WordPress and will support those who make components for open-source systems. We will not engage in expensive, high cost, proprietary systems to run the EOX.
This will save thousands in annual operating expenses, which will be passed onto you. The open-source programming is simpler to maintain, to upgrade, and to support… not to mention usually much more logical.
WHO WE ARE
Essential Oil Exchange and Florapathics is the brainchild of Michael Thompson; an alchemist and Master Herbalist. Combining his knowledge of essential oils, coupled with his incredible sense of design and truly effective and wonderfully aromatic blends, with my knowledge of botanicals and roster of top quality worldwide suppliers, expanding into EOX and Florapathics seemed like a no brainer.
It's only been a few years, but we've already accomplished far more than we expected, mostly because of how amazing all of our customers are. It's exciting to have so many practitioners and manufacturers form our core base of customers who return time and time again for our consistent quality essential oils. Our certified (we include downloadable certifications on every essential oil description) essential oils are in all kinds of beneficial products, which makes us smile like little else can.
My passion is formulation, so once we complete our cGMP manufacturing facility, I will be getting our complete line of blends online, as we expand our offering of oils from the 93 that form the core of our product catalog, to close to 200.